Are you passionate about learning design and driving digital and blended learning and development initiatives that make a positive impact on sustainability?
Would you thrive in a role that allows you to create and implement learning programs for both internal and external use?
If so, you might be the ideal candidate for our role as Hands-on Learning and Development Specialist at Preferred by Nature.
What you can expect:
You will become a key player in our team as a Senior Learning and Development Specialist, where your expertise will significantly impact our sustainable land management and climate-friendly initiatives. In this vital role, you will lead the design and execution of learning programs that not only elevate the skills of our team and stakeholders but also reinforce our commitment to excellence and sustainability in our projects around the world.
You'll spearhead the development of a learning design framework, aimed at enhancing our content production and ensuring the rapid development of design competencies within our team. Your responsibilities will also include the introduction of effective assessment strategies to measure training impact and the implementation of rigorous quality assurance measures to uphold the highest standards in training delivery.
Your design thinking experience, keen attention to detail, and dedication to fostering a culture of continuous learning will drive Preferred by Nature's mission forward.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and creating effective learning solutions, courses and training programs for internal teams and external partners.
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to assess learning needs and develop relevant training content.
- Developing and implementing assessment methods to measure the effectiveness of training programs and to gather insights for continuous improvement.
- Use existing learning creator tools and identify new and relevant tools to use.
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with internal teams and external partners.
- Building a Learning Design Framework that enables us to produce high quality content in-house, faster and more efficiently.
Your first year with us:
Within three months, you will:
- Engage with key stakeholders to assess learning needs and start working on draft proposals for learning goals alongside colleagues in our Learning, Projects and Tailored Services Division.
- Your expertise and skill set will be dedicated to the successful completion of an immensely valuable learning program course on European Deforestation Regulation.
- Gain exposure to Preferred by Nature processes, tools, and systems relevant to learning and development.
- Participate as an observer in various training sessions to get a sense of our current approach.
Within six months, you will:
- Take on responsibilities for designing and implementing training elements independently.
- Contribute to the growth and improvement of learning and development services.
- Track and report key metrics related to training effectiveness, trainers´ and attendees´ satisfaction, and other relevant indicators.
- Identify and pilot the use of exciting and innovative creator tools for learning content and related learning methodologies.
- Start setting up a Learning Design Framework that will enable a broader group of people to develop learning content in a consistent and high-quality way.
Within one year, you will:
- Design and deliver several digital and blended learning products for use, internally and externally.
- Have a in-depth understanding of the key metrics collected and a proactive approach in communicating and implementing the knowledge gathered within.
- Act as a point of contact for our most important learning and development programs.
- Be a key partner in furthering our strategic learning and development strategy.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant education, such as a bachelor's degree in Learning and Development, Instructional Design, Human Resources, or a related field.
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing learning and development programs - off and online.
- 3-4 years of project management experience
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Strong team collaboration skills and the ability to thrive in an international, multidisciplinary work environment.
- Hands-on mentality combined with a designer’s mindset.
- Excellent skills in both written and spoken English.
It would also be great if you have:
- Practical experience with Learning Management Systems and Content Creator Software for Learning.
- Experience with Design thinking and Design Sprint Methodologies
- Experience and understanding of content management.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Global work culture.
- High degree of flexibility - remote work, work from home.
- Comprehensive onboarding and professional training.
- Opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Potential future international travel opportunities.
- Supportive, international team with a pleasant work environment.
How to apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your CV that besides relevant education and work experience also includes a portfolio section outlining learning programs you have taken part in creating. Please also ad a cover letter (in English) and your salary expectations, by March 8th 2024 via the application form below.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period. Preferred by Nature welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Operational Manager, Learning Division