Do you have a passion for agriculture and the environment? Do you want to make an impact on sustainability by ensuring businesses meet the right standards and address environmental deficiencies? If so, then you might be the match for our role as Agriculture Specialist based in Japan.
What you can expect:
As an Agriculture Specialist, you will assess and verify the sustainability and legality of practices related the agriculture operations of our clients. For this, your professionalism and focus on quality will be central in managing part of our client portfolio. Upon joining Preferred by Nature, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop the skills needed to manage certifications for clients and learn auditing sustainability standards at Preferred by Nature quality.
Working with us is never a routine so the first year you can expect the following areas to be central to your work.
- Help strengthen Preferred by Nature’s brand by helping us plan and execute agricultural audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Supply Chain & Farm Standard. This could include quality review, task managing, on-site visits or remote planning and evaluation, audit budgeting, planning, and scheduling, liaising with clients, audit preparation, auditing, reviewing and finalizing reports for approval, etc.
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with clients by diligently planning audits and ensuring that high-quality reports are submitted on time.
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature in China in Japan, but not limited to, providing information about certification and verification, technical guidance on interpretation of certification standards and the certification process and trademark use.
- Develop and maintain strong expertise in Preferred by Nature and Rainforest Alliance policies and protocols, as well as any additional auditing services conducted in the future.
- Grow your own network and Preferred by Nature’s client base by serving as a primary point of contact to support potential, new and existing clients with their sustainable certifications.
At Preferred by Nature, we prioritize your growth and support continuous learning through professional development and career paths aimed at helping you grow in your career.
Within three months, you will:
- If you don't have certification experience, we will provide the necessary training related to Rainforest Alliance and give you the skills needed to audit these in accordance with our high-quality standards.
- Experience and understand the relevance of our systems and digital tools, which are fundamental to running an efficient auditing business.
- Improve your ability to communicate with people at all levels of our client's organization, as well as individuals with diverse occupational and educational backgrounds. Strengthen your skills in conveying complex sustainability concepts in a clear and concise manner.
Within six months, you will:
- Take steps towards working independently as an auditor by completing audits as a trainee auditor along with writing, reviewing and finalizing certification reports.
- Take part in cross-departmental collaboration and exposure to diverse knowledge and service. Have a better global vision in Preferred by Nature. Thinking independently from different perspectives and draw a conclusion via a cross checking way.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with our clients in Japan by proactively engaging with them, understanding their needs, and providing exceptional service. Aim to become their trusted advisor for sustainable agriculture certifications, ensuring their satisfaction and loyalty to Preferred by Nature.
- Efficiently manage time to prioritize tasks and effectively use Salesforce to optimize workflows and data management
Within one year, you will:
- Be fully qualified as Task Manager and auditor for Rainforest Alliance (Farm and Supply Chain)
- Utilize your growing network and industry knowledge to identify and engage potential new clients. Act as a primary point of contact for their inquiries, providing guidance and support throughout the certification process. Contribute to the growth of Preferred by Nature by bringing in new clients and expanding our reach.
- Continue developing expertise by working with new programs and departments within Preferred by Nature. Engage in ongoing learning and professional development to stay ahead in the field of sustainable agriculture certifications.
- Pursue relevant certifications or advanced training programs to enhance your expertise and broaden your knowledge base. Act as a role model for continuous learning and inspire others within the organization to invest in their professional growth.
Important that you:
- Have a bachelor's degree with a concentration in Agriculture, Forestry, Environment, Biology etc.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in related agricultural, forestry or supply chain field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English
- Experience using digital tools in your work (word processing, spreadsheet and presentations)
- Willingness and ability to travel within and out of the country.
Would also be great, but not necessary, if you:
- Have sales experience.
- Agriculture related certification/verification: Rainforest Alliance, UEBT, Global GAP, Organic, etc.
- Have experience to effectively market products or services or at least be good at spotting opportunities with clients in the market in general.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What Sets Us Apart:
- Global work culture
- Work from home
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training that prepares you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Start with 20 days of vacation leave per year.
Preferred by Nature
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 300+ employees and a network of local experts, we develop practical solutions to drive positive impacts in production landscapes and supply chains in 100+ countries. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
How to apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English), including salary expectations by 25 February 2024 via the application form below.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.