Do you have a passion for numbers and the environment? Do you want to make an impact on sustainability by ensuring that our books are in order, invoices are paid, and tax report is submitted on time? If so, then you might be the match for our role as Accounting and Administration Specialist based in Ivory Coast.
What you can expect as Accounting and Administration Specialist at Preferred by Nature:
As our Accounting and Administration Specialist, your integrity will be instrumental in the accurate booking of transactions, preparation of payroll, and ensuring timely payments to social contributions. Your meticulous approach will also be vital in effectively filing and submitting authority-related requests, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations. In this position, your professionalism, diligence, and commitment to good governance will be essential as you prepare accounting documents and precise calculations. Finally, your communication skills, as well as your intercultural skills, will help you establish trusting relationships with internal and external partners in our operations across Africa as well as the rest of the world.
Working with us will provide you with unique opportunities. To highlight just a few of them:
- Room for growth by enhancing your accounting and administration skills.
- Support from colleagues so you feel as part of a team even though you work remotely.
- A truly international environment of friendly and passionate people who work with us to make a difference in the world.
- You will have much flexibility to design your own workday.
Your ability and willingness to learn and take on new tasks will play an important part in your first year with us, so here is what you can expect:
Within the first three months you will:
- Use your general knowledge and good adaptation ability to quickly learn how to use our IT systems – Sales Force (operating system) and Finance Force (accounting system) and have a smooth transition with the external accountant/advisor.
- Be proficient in creating and verifying expense reports and generating sales invoices with accuracy and have attention to detail.
- Provide general administrative support to the regional staff, including scheduling, document preparation, and data management.
Within the first six months you will:
- Be responsible for doing monthly/ quarterly and year-end closing according to local and group timelines.
- Advise staff on the importance of adhering to local regulations and internal policies to ensure compliance and mitigate potential accounting and tax risks.
- Be efficient in organizing tasks, meeting deadlines, and fostering seamless communication and cooperation within and outside the organization in both English and French.
Within the first year you will:
- Work independently and cover all accounting and administration work in Ivory Coast.
- Assume responsibility for conducting the audit of NEPCon Côte d'Ivoire, ensuring thorough examination and compliance with established standards and protocols.
- Demonstrate a willingness to take on additional responsibilities, including global and regional assignments, to contribute to the organization's success and growth.
- Provide support for global tax management, focusing on transfer pricing study by working and connecting with local tax advisors to ensure compliance and accurate documentation.
Important that you:
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, accounting, or related field.
- Have 5-8 years of experience working with accounting.
- Fluent in English and French – verbally and in writing.
- Have a high level of self-discipline, and ability to organize and manage tasks and time.
- Full proficiency in use of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong general understanding of administrative IT systems and the ability to learn to work with new programs fast.
Would also be great, but not necessary, if you:
- Have experience with tax reports and working with tax authorities.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What Sets Us Apart:
- Global work culture
- Work from our office in Abidjan and home office
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training that prepares you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues with a pleasant work environment
How to apply:
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your CV and cover letter (in English), including salary expectations by via the application form below.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.